Thursday 1 August 2013

We're OK!

Hello,

I hope that you're enjoying your summer.  The weather the past couple weeks have been perfect and I've been loving it.  Although I haven't been spending as much of outside I would like, but I'll change that before I go back to school.

 When I was with some friends I saw Monsters University.  Which if you haven't seen, you should, it was amazing!  Pixar never fails to amaze me.   After seeing it I wanted a Oozma Kappa sweater like the one Squishy wore in the movie.  It was one of the first things I told my friends as we were leaving the movie theater. Yeah, my knitting nerd-ism was showing in that moment.

We're OK! We're OK!
 
I thought I would make it, I had the colors, but in a cotton/ bamboo mix.  The down side is that it's a really light weight and I wouldn't have enough for a sweater so I decided a hat would show my Monsters University love just as much.

I used a awesome chart from The Knitting Soul, and started of on the hat.


The colors are brighter in person, but I placed the logo to high so the cute little horns on the O are hidden in the folds in the decreases on the top of the hat. Which makes me a little sad. 

This was really my first attempt are color work.  So for that it's not bad, but over all I'm a little disappointed with the results of the hat.  I was hoping for something a bit more dramatic but it misses that.   Oh well, I still want to make the sweater but I'll have to get some thicker yarns first.

That's pretty much all for now. 

Byeeeeeee


No comments:

Post a Comment